The Program Golden Visa is promoted by the Portuguese Government, and offers the possibility for citizens of third States, to apply for a residence permit in Portugal, through the implementation of an "investment activity" in the country for a minimum period of five years:
Transfers of capital or job creation or for sale.
ARI will be issued temporarily for an initial period of 1 year, renewable for two consecutive periods of two years. After this initial period of five years, the investor may apply for renewal of the temporary ARI for consecutive periods of two years or apply for a residence permit for permanent investment activity, which may result in the awarding of Portuguese nationality.
- Residence permit retrieval in Portugal;
- Ability to live and work in Portugal, maintaining residence in another country;
- Free movement in the Schengen countries;
- Right to family reunification request;
- Permanent residence permit Obtaining and possibility of requesting and obtaining Portuguese nationality.
ARI may be required in the following ways:
Formulate an online order in http://ari.sef.pt.
Deliver the application in Portuguese diplomatic and consular posts abroad;
Deliver the application in the Regional Offices of the Aliens and Frontiers in Portugal.
The application for family reunification may be made in the Foreign Service Regional Offices of your area and are always dependent on the ARI decision.
Requirements and Documentation
- Valid passport or other valid travel document;
- Proof of legal entry and stay in the national territory;
- Proof of health insurance (if the applicant fails are covered by the social security system in Portugal);
- Application for Criminal Record consultation by SEF;
- Criminal record certificate from the country of origin or the country where you resided for more than one year;
- Proof of contributions regularized by submitting negative updated statement of debt issued by the Tax and Customs Authority and the Social Security Services;
- Declaration on the applicant's oath attesting that it meets the requirements for investment activity;
- Proof of payment of the request fee of ARI;
- Proof of the investment means (see Investment Activities).
Investment activities and Tasting Media
ARI requires implementation in national territory of at least one of the following, for a minimum period of five years:
capital transfer to Portugal in the amount not less than € 1,000,000
Proof of means
- Declaration of a financial institution authorized to carry on business in the country, attesting to the effective transfer of capital required for the account that is unique or the first holder of the capital, or for the acquisition of shares or company shares;
- Updated commercial registration certificate attesting to the arrest of social participation in society.
Creating at least 10 new jobs
Proof of means
- Updated Certificate of Social Security Services, which shows the creation of 10 jobs and enrollment of their employees in the Social Security System.
real estate acquisition in the minimum amount of € 500,000
Proof of means
- Title purchasing or buying promise (s) of Realtors (s), stating the declaration of a financial institution authorized to carry on business in the country, attesting to the effective transfer of capital to purchase or payment Gross of purchase and sale sign;
- Certificate updated the registrar of the land register, which must always be in the case of pre-contract and whenever legally feasible, their registration.
- Absence of conviction for a crime in Portugal is punishable by deprivation of liberty for a period exceeding one year;
- Do not find the entry ban period in the national territory subsequent to a removal order in the country;
- Negative or cautionary reference Absence in the Schengen Information System;
- Reference No in the Integrated Foreign Service Information and borders for the purpose of refusing entry.
- Third countries - countries outside the European Union or the European Economic Area, which includes the Member States of the European Union and third countries of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) - Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland;
- Deadlines Permanence Minima Portugal - 7 days consecutive or intercalated in the first year; 14 days consecutive or intercalated, in periods of two years;
- Any document that is not written in Portuguese or English must be accompanied by a translation made by a translator recognized by the Portuguese Diplomatic and Consular Offices in the country of origin and authenticated by that entity;
- Investment activity "Capital Transfers" can be intended for investment in company shares or acquisition of company shares with a permanent establishment in Portugal and covers the capital holders of a company established in Portugal or in another state of the US and with a permanent establishment in Portugal, with regularized contributory situation;
- On investment activity "Acquisition of Real Estate", the acquired property may be for own enjoyment or to the rental market, and / or exploitation for commercial, tourist or agricultural. The amount can be achieved through the acquisition of several properties and to properties worth more than € 500,000, the acquisition can be made by different entities, since each stating their contribution in at least € 500,000. There is also the possibility to encumber the property acquired since proven investment of at least € 500,000.
- Law No. 29/2012, of August 9, 2012, Article 90-A;
- Order No. 11820-A / 2012 of the Ministries of Foreign and Internal Affairs of 4 September 2012;
- Order No. 1661-A / 2012 of the Ministries of Foreign and Internal Affairs of 4 September 2012.
Secretary of State for Portuguese Communities www.secomunidades.pt
AICEP Portugal Global, E.P.E., Agency for Investment and Foreign Trade of Portugal http://www.portugalglobal.pt
Foreigners and Borders Service www.sef.pt